1. Frontload the information that will be presented in the text before reading in a story format.
2. Before reading, set a focus with 2-3 Essential Questions.
- Read to find out why/how…
- When you read, look for the reason why…
- While we are reading, see if you can find the answer to why…
3. Encourage active participation while you are reading by using a “Read the word I leave off” strategy.
4. Use a fill in the blank format for scaffolded notes after reading.
Join 18,000+ Other Teachers!
Want even more free resources? Enter your information to join my email list and get exclusive access to my freebie library!
You will also receive regular emails with tips, resources, freebies, and updates on paid products.